Welcome to my film collection! On here i'll be reviewing my dvds as and when I watch them. I'll also give my opinion on films I catch at the cinema and on t.v.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Final Destination


There is something that is probably quite cruel and nasty of me and maybe I shouldn't share this but discretion has never been one of my better virtues. Here goes then, I find some of the deaths in horror movies funny. Sometimes the deaths are intentionally funny and sometimes they are not.

In this movie however, when the impossibly good looking teens do get bumped off then the emphasis, whilst still on jumps and scares with a liberal dose of gore splashed around for good measure, is very much on the tongue in cheek dispatch. To summarise the plot, which is quite clever in comparison to some horrors, a group of teens are headed to Paris on a school trip. One of said teens has a vision that the plane will explode just after take off and everyone dies. His reaction forces both him and his friends off said aeroplane and they survive the crash.

However, it turns out that Death has plan and is not happy that the list of dead teens is incomplete. The survivors are then subsequently bumped in increasingly grisly ways with the dwindling band desperately trying to figure what what is going on.


This movie is full of clever plot devices like the music giving clues to what fate is about to befall our hapless victims. We are also left guessing as to which is to die next and in which way. There are a large amount of double bluffs and some of the deaths are ridiculously over the top and gory they actually quite funny. I am surprised that this movie is a 15, given the gore and the tension but thats a minor quibble.


You could doa lot worse than this and to be honest, I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment